Terms Of Service / Conditions
Table of Contents
- 1. ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
- 2. DESCRIPTION OF SERVICE
- 3. TERMS OF BETA / RIGHT TO ALTER
- 4. ISP / INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDER
- 5. YOUR REGISTRATION OBLIGATIONS
- 6. MEMBER ACCOUNT, PASSWORD AND SECURITY
- 7. MEMBER CONDUCT
- 8. SPECIAL ADMONITIONS FOR INTERNATIONAL USE
- 9. INDEMNITY
- 10. MODIFICATIONS TO SERVICE
- 11. TERMINATION
- 12. POINTS / IN-GAME CREDITS / GOLD CREDITS
- 13. PROPRIETARY RIGHTS
- 15. BASIC GAME / SERVICE RULES
1. ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
Welcome to The Republic-Online Game / republic-online.net.
The Republic-Online Game, its officers, directors, agents, employees, volunteer staff, and other designees (collectively "Us", "We", "Our") provides its service to you - a single human user ("You", "Your"), subject to the following Terms of Service ("TOS"). This document and its appendices, additions, and supporting documents represent the entire End User License Agreement ("EULA") for use of the Service. These Terms of Service, this EULA, its terms and conditions, supporting documents, and other regulatory policies are subject to change at anytime. It is the responsibility of the player to be aware of and be in compliance with the EULA and TOS at all times. Failure to do so may result in the immediate deletion of your account without refund of your payment in the event you bought in-game assets in the form of points. We may, at our option, announce significant changes to this agreement. By continuing with registration, you explicitly agree to the TOS in this EULA and further agree to be bound by it. Major changes to the Terms of Service might also be announced on the news page and also via in-game messaging and/or email. This Agreement does not supersede any additional terms and conditions of which User is notified by The Republic-Online Game and/or which may apply when using third party content, software or services.
2. DESCRIPTION OF SERVICE
The Republic-Online Game, hosted ONLY on the domain republic-online.net, currently provides users with access to online entertainment in the form of a text-based game in which users interact with each other (the "Service") via a web browser. You understand and agree that the Service includes the website, its design, layout, images, graphics, program code and the Service may include advertisements, special offers and affiliate links and that these forms of income might be necessary for The Republic-Online Game to sustain the financial growth of the Service. You also understand and agree that the Service may include certain communications from The Republic-Online Game:- such as Service announcements, administrative messages and the The Republic-Online Game Newsletter, and that these communications are considered part of your The Republic-Online Game membership and you will not be able to opt out of receiving them.
3. TERMS OF BETA / RIGHT TO ALTER
Unless explicitly stated otherwise, any new features that augment or enhance the current Service, including the release of new The Republic-Online Game features, shall be subject to the TOS. You understand and agree that the Service is provided "AS-IS" and that The Republic-Online Game assumes no responsibility for the timeliness, deletion, mis-delivery or failure to store any user communications or personalization settings.
4. ISP / INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDER
You are responsible for obtaining access to the Service and that access may involve third party fees (such as Internet service provider or airtime charges). You are responsible for those fees, including those fees associated with the display or delivery of advertisements. In addition, you must provide and are responsible for all equipment necessary to access the Service.
5. YOUR REGISTRATION OBLIGATIONS
In consideration of your use of the Service, you agree to:
- provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the Service's registration form (such information being the "Registration Data")
- maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete.
You will provide a valid active email address so that The Republic-Online Game can contact you for the duration of your membership. YOU, as a The Republic-Online Game member, will provide The Republic-Online Game with 1 (one) email address and accept that this will be the only email address used for communications with them. This email address cannot be changed during the entire membership. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or The Republic-Online Game has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, The Republic-Online Game has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Service (or any portion thereof).
6. MEMBER ACCOUNT, PASSWORD AND SECURITY
You will receive a password and account designation upon completing the Service's registration process. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password and account, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account. You agree to:
- immediately notify The Republic-Online Game of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security
- ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. The Republic-Online Game cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this.
7. MEMBER CONDUCT
You understand that all information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages or other materials ("Content"), whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, are the sole responsibility of the person from which such Content originated. This means that you, and not The Republic-Online Game, are entirely responsible for all Content that you upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available via the Service. The Republic-Online Game does not control the Content posted via the Service and, as such, does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Content. You understand that by using the Service, you may be exposed to Content that is offensive, indecent or objectionable. Under no circumstances will The Republic-Online Game be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, for any errors or omissions in any Content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available via the Service.
You agree to not use the Service to:
- Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another person's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable. When a user is reported to doing so, appropriate measures will be taken. Verbally abusing players and staff is considered poor etiquette and measures can be taken without notice or explanation.
- Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail", "Spam", "chain letters", "pyramid schemes", or any other form of solicitation.
- Harm minors in any way.
- Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
- Impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a The Republic-Online Game Administrator, Moderator, guide or host, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Interfere with or disrupt the Service or servers or networks connected to the Service, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Service.
- Stalk" or otherwise harass another player/user.
- Collect or store personal data about other users.
- Exploit errors in the Service's system to benefit from it. This is considered cheating. Using any third party devices and/or programs to gain an unfair advantage is also cheating and a ban will result without warning. All bugs should be reported to an administrator as soon as discovered.
8. SPECIAL ADMONITIONS FOR INTERNATIONAL USE
Recognizing the global nature of the Internet, you agree to comply with all local rules regarding online conduct and acceptable Content. Specifically, you agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the country in which you reside.
You agree to indemnify and hold The Republic-Online Game, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, co-branders or other partners, and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of Content you submit, post, transmit or make available through the Service, your use of the Service, your connection to the Service, your violation of the TOS, or your violation of any rights of another.
10. MODIFICATIONS TO SERVICE
The Republic-Online Game reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You agree that The Republic-Online Game shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
You agree that The Republic-Online Game may, under certain circumstances and without prior notice, immediately terminate your The Republic-Online Game account and access to the Service. Cause for such termination shall include, but not be limited to:
- breaches or violations of the TOS or other incorporated agreements or guidelines
- requests by law enforcement or other government agencies
- a request by you (self-initiated account deletions)
- discontinuance or material modification to the Service (or any part thereof)
- unexpected technical issues or problems
- extended periods of inactivity
Termination of your The Republic-Online Game account includes:
- removal of access to all offerings within the Service
- deletion of your password and all related information, files and content associated with or inside your account (or any part thereof)
- deletion of any paid in-game points and game credits without any refund; no refund of any fees, including (but not limited to) any monthly membership fees, will be granted to the user. Any online time credited to user's account shall not be convertible to cash or other form of credit.
- barring further use of the Service.
To cancel a game, or all Services in their entirety, a user may:
Send an email to which specifies the nature of the cancellation request.
Further, you agree that all terminations for cause shall be made in The Republic-Online Game sole discretion and that The Republic-Online Game shall not be liable to you or any third-party for any termination of your account, any associated email address, or access to the Service.
12. POINTS / IN-GAME CREDITS / GOLD CREDITS
You agree that The Republic-Online Game, and all members of the staff residing, will be in no way responsible for points (also called in-game gold credits or credits) loss due to, but is not limited to, user volunteered transfers. This includes, but is not limited to, selling and/or buying points. You agree that The Republic-Online Game is only responsible for providing adequate points to the customer after a purchase. After a customer receives his or her purchased points, he/she is to be held fully responsible for what is to become of the points. You agree that The Republic-Online Game will be in no way responsible for, but is not limited to, the loss of points due to unauthorized access to your account.
You agree that The Republic-Online Game, and all members of the staff residing, will be in no way responsible for points loss due to the event of a defect or a bug is present in the system. You are provided with the system "AS-IS" and without warranty of any kind.
You agree to not (re)sell The Republic-Online Game Points for anything other than in-game goods. Selling points (regardless of how you received them) for real money is prohibited, and will not be tolerated. You agree not to transfer points which will ultimately lead to you receiving real currency. You agree not to purchase points with real money from users other than those who officially sell them.
You agree (and understand) that after a reset, none of your (or any member's) points will be carried forward. Purchased points are only valid for the life-time of the current active game period.
13. PROPRIETARY RIGHTS
You acknowledge and agree that the Service and any necessary software used in connection with the Service ("Software") contain proprietary and confidential information that is protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws. You further acknowledge and agree that Content contained in sponsor advertisements or copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents or other proprietary rights and laws protect information presented to you through the Service or advertisers. Except as expressly authorized by The Republic-Online Game or advertisers, you agree not to modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute or create derivative works based on the Service or the Software, in whole or in part. The Republic-Online Game grants you a personal, non-transferable and non-exclusive right and license to use the Service's software for personal entertaining purposes; provided that you do not (and do not allow any third party to) copy, modify, create a derivative work of, reverse engineer, reverse assemble or otherwise attempt to discover any source code, sell, assign, sublicense, grant a security interest in or otherwise transfer any right in the System's Software. You agree not to modify the Software in any manner or form, or to use modified versions of the Software, including (without limitation) for the purpose of obtaining unauthorized access to the Service. You agree not to access the Service by any means other than through the interface that is provided by The Republic-Online Game for use in accessing the Service.
The Republic-Online Game collects personal information when you register as a player, when you use The Republic-Online Game products or services, when you visit The Republic-Online Game pages and when you enter promotions or sweepstakes.
When you register we ask for information. Once you register with The Republic-Online Game and sign in to our services, you are not anonymous to us. The Republic-Online Game automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, The Republic-Online Game cookie information, and the page you request.
The Republic-Online Game uses information for the following general purposes:
- To customize the advertising and content you see, fulfill your requests for products and services, improve our services, contact you, conduct research, and provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients.
The Republic-Online Game does not rent, sell, or share your personal information with other people or non-affiliated companies - except to
provide products or services you've requested when we have your permission or under the following circumstances:
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims
- The Republic-Online Game might display targeted advertisements based on personal information. Advertisers (including ad serving companies) may assume that people who interact with, view, or click on targeted ads meet the targeting criteria - for example, women ages 18-24 from a particular geographic area.
- The Republic-Online Game does not provide any personal information to the advertiser when you interact with or view a targeted ad. However, by interacting with or viewing an ad you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will make the assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the ad.
- The Republic-Online Game may set and access The Republic-Online Game cookies on your computer.
15. BASIC GAME / SERVICE RULES
See the page GAME RULES (click to read)
This list is not all inclusive and is subject to change at any time without prior notice. The player is responsible for keeping himself/herself updated with the current terms and conditions of the Service.
last updated on 25th Dec 2021